cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GaryN1
Level 1
1 0 0 3
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

CP 1215 ghosting / color shifting

HP Recommended
CP 1215
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have read everything in the forums about this.  My problem is that I no longer seem to have the toolbox.  I have reset the printer twice before as the colors shifted from each other.  The last time was probably 8 to 10 months ago.  It worked very well.  I no longer can find the tool to do that or to over ride the toner low warnings.  There is no HP icon in the botifications area either displayed or hidden.  I have looked in the HP directory.  There is no utility directory under it.  I have installed both the latest software and the scan doctor software.  I see that others are having the same issue.  Is there a fix I am missing?  Please do not suggest that I get the lastest software or scan doctor since I have already done that twice.  I am looking for a way to access / reset the ghosting problem.

Thank you.

GaryN1

edit:

Problem solved.  I remembered that I have a virtual machine of my old XP computer inside the HP I am currently running.  I fired that up and the HP toolbox was there in all its glory.  I don't know if that can be brought over to 8.1 or not.  In any case I was able to calibrate the colors, over ride the stop printing caused by low toner etc.  I'd love to see HP bring the toolbox back.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation