cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't load WIN10 driver - installation hangs

HP Recommended
OfficeJet J4550
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upgraded my Dell XPS to WIN10. I attempted to upgrade the driver for my J4550, but the installation hangs at the beginning of the installation process, "checking system".  When I first tried the download, an HP program detected old HP device files and deleted them. Now, my computer won't even recognize the OfficeJet when plugging into the USB port.

Need help why computer won't recognize the printer no matter what I do as well as how to get the computer to download the driver.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,674 29,394 5,079 11,662
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,
Follow the steps below and check if that resolve the issue:

1. Open Mcafee software, from the Virus and Spyware Protection section click on Schedule and run scans. Click on Real time scanning and then on Turn Off. select till I restart the PC and confirm by clicking the Turn Off button.

Now try reinstalling the HP Software and check if the installation goes as expected.

If the issue persists run the following tool:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/datfileremover/installdatfileclean.exe
Next run the installation file and check for any difference

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!

Removing an old file (per option#2) allowed the driver to install normally. My All-in-one is now fully operational.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After success installing the drivers a few days ago, the printer drivers have again disappeared, and my computer once again doesn't even recognize it as a printer, however the scan drivers are still there.

HP diagnostics indicates that there are missing drivers. 

Any idea why the printer driver would just disappear (or become corrupt)? 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation