cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ThatGirl-
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Cannot get Toolbox - have loaded s/w twice now

HP Recommended
Hp Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

I cannot get my Toolbox back!  Fixed my printing and scanning on my Lenovo g50-70 notebook, running Win8.1, now when I select my Toolbox, it wants to run "DeviceSetup.exe", though all else it fixed.

I have tried downoading the software twice now, but get same results.  My Icon still points to "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 4630 series\Bin\HP Officejet 4630 series.exe" but brings up "DeviceSetup.exe" as if my printer still is not connected.

How can I fix?  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,819 30,523 2,792 10,231
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ThatGirl-

Stubborn software...

You could try removing the existing software and then installing a fresh copy.  Reboot inbetween the "get rid of the old" and "in with the new".  Reboot a last time after you install the Full Feature Software package.

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

NOTE: If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10, you may need to >> download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software > remove the existing printer software > reboot > install Full Feature Software > reboot

Section(s) included:

• The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy
  • Restart Everything
  • Download and Installation
  • Remove Printer Software
  • See who and what is on your network

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether or not you reinstall the software, you can try accessing the Toolbox bits from EWS.

EWS_Tools_Utilities_1.JPG

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ThatGirl-
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply- while I have re-installed the s/w twice, I have not un-installed it prior- so here's a dumb question (sorry), under Programs and Features in Win 8.1, my HP software lists:

2016 02 10 HP installed software.gif

It appears that "HP OfficeJet 4630 series Help is wht has been recently installed, though my download folder tells me different...  WHICH IS THE CORRECT SOFTWARE TO Un-INSTALL?

Apprecite the help and direction :generic:

ThatGirl-

0 Kudos
ThatGirl-
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure why my pic isn't showing, let me try  second time- it showed when I was posting...

Hope this is better:

2016 02 10 HP installed software.gif

My downloads vary:

2016 02 10 HP Download listing.gif

So you cn see I have tried quite a bit.  Thanks in avance for any info...

ThatGirl-

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation