cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Discoloured Photo Prints When Using PHOTO PAPER ONLY

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4140
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I print my photos on photo paper they appear discolourd with undertones of red. When I print the same images on regular printer paper they come out fine. I am using a HP Deskjet F4140 and a Windows 7 PC. 

I have already tried turning the printer on and off, printed the Print Test Page, aligned the cartridges, and cleaned the print cartridges using the Device Maintenance options. All have not helped. I have also used this photo paper successfuly in the past so it is not something wrong with the paper. 

Thank you for yoru help! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2,245 2,120 146 291
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Emma_5

Thanks for posting in the HP Support Forum. 

I see that you're running into a photo paper print quality issue when printing from your HP Deskjet F4140 All-in-One Printer.  I would like to assist you with this.

Please click here to access some more hands-on troubleshooting steps in the printer's User Guide. Starting at page 71, follow the steps for 'Clean the print cartridge contacts' as well as 'Clean the area around the ink nozzles.' 

Do you notice a difference in quality after trying the above noted steps? If no, what program are you printing from? I recommend you try printing from a different program to see if there's any change in quality.  

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.  If I have helped you resolve the issue and you liked this post, feel free to give me virtual props by clicking on the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution.

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! :robothappy:

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation