Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Envy 5530 not usable by all users on same laptop

HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Have installed Envy 5530 (as a wireles printer), but on the W7 laptop, it appears only Admin user can access it. The non admin users on same laptop, can see it within printers, but can only access it via Word. Other programs eg wordpad, internet browser, the Envy 5530 does not appear ?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 985
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @gw24,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see some users on your Windows laptop running the Windows 7 Operating system are unable to access the print feature unless they print from Word. You are the administrator and have full access when using the printer. 

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor under the accounts which are having the problem, it is used to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems.

What does the PSDR find? Did you install the printer on all user accounts? 

I would also like you to take a look here and make sure you have given them access to the printer in all programs: How to Manage Users in Windows 7

Did this help, are they now able to access the printer from all programs?

I will watch for your reply.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I will hopefully try the ideas this weekend. In the meantime, I can advise that the printer was installed, only via 1 user ie the main admin user, as I am sure I have done with all previous printers eg HP B110 (though as its a network printer, is that a difference ?)

Also, I will look at settings at same time, but as for manage users, I've never knowingly messed with settings, and the other printer (HP B110) used, is usable by all users as normal.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,476
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
And make sure you install the full featured software and drivers on all computers to use the printer.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation