cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Color Laserjet 5550HDN Install Yellow Cartridge

HP Recommended

FoIlowing the recommended actions in the service manual I have replace the yellow cartridge with one from a working printer.  I replaced the antenna PCB.  I then replaced the memory controller PCB.  I then replaced the DC controller board and still receive the same message.  I still receive the Install Yellow Cartridge message and can't print anything.  I even tried a couple of new cartriges.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,019
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I would think the high voltage ps may have an issue. One thing you can do to get the printer working and see if the yellow prints is to go to the diagnostics menu and choose the item disable cartridge check. When the printer says ready, diagnostics mode, choose the item pq troubleshooting under the diagnostics menu and see if it is printing yellow.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Just joined
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I disabled the cartridge check in the diagnostic menu.  The printer now prints all colors including yellow in diagnostic mode.  Could it be the toner level sensor for the yellow cartridge causing this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Just joined
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I replaced high voltage power supply and still receive the same error message.  Replacing the toner sensor PC board did not resolve issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,019
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
First off what status do you get while in diagnostics mode when you run a supplies status page. Does it show anything for yellow. If not the next thing I would do is take lets say a magenta toner from the other printer and put it in the yellow slot of this printer and then turn the printer on. What now happens? Do you still get an install yellow toner or does it say wrong supply installed.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation