Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (14,391 Views)

HP Deskjet 710C does not work on Windows 7 OS 64 bit

I have just purchased anew laptop running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and the only thing that does not work on it is my deskjet 710c printer.  I have another laptop running the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and it works fine and of course my desktop MS Vista has worked well for several years with this printer.

Help please!!

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (14,336 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 710C does not work on Windows 7 OS 64 bit

There is a patch that corrects the issue available here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (11,978 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 710C does not work on Windows 7 OS 64 bit how to connect?

i want to connect my 710c deskjet with my laptop can u please enlighten me how u connected the printer with laptop.

thirumalai

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (11,972 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 710C does not work on Windows 7 OS 64 bit how to connect?

[ Edited ]

vsthirumalai wrote:

i want to connect my 710c deskjet with my laptop can u please enlighten me how u connected the printer with laptop.

thirumalai

I wouls suggest reading this whole thread, there is all the information here you would need.  Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version?  If the 64 bit version you will need the patch i this thread, if 32 bit then you do not need the patch.  Likely your laptop will only have a USB port.  The printer only has a parallel port, you will need a USB-Parallel converter.  The models in these posts have been reported by users to work with Windows 7.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Student
Message 5 of 5 (7,424 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 710C does not work on Windows 7 OS 64 bit

Thanks for that!

All working now

(did not need to fiddle about with DOS prompt - just copied and pasted as normal)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation