Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kekrantz Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 710C does not work on Windows 7 OS 64 bit

I have just purchased anew laptop running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and the only thing that does not work on it is my deskjet 710c printer.  I have another laptop running the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and it works fine and of course my desktop MS Vista has worked well for several years with this printer.

Help please!!

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
31995 2329 7592
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a patch that corrects the issue available here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

vsthirumalai Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i want to connect my 710c deskjet with my laptop can u please enlighten me how u connected the printer with laptop.

thirumalai

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
31995 2329 7592
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

vsthirumalai wrote:

i want to connect my 710c deskjet with my laptop can u please enlighten me how u connected the printer with laptop.

thirumalai

I wouls suggest reading this whole thread, there is all the information here you would need.  Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version?  If the 64 bit version you will need the patch i this thread, if 32 bit then you do not need the patch.  Likely your laptop will only have a USB port.  The printer only has a parallel port, you will need a USB-Parallel converter.  The models in these posts have been reported by users to work with Windows 7.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
mre666 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for that!

All working now

(did not need to fiddle about with DOS prompt - just copied and pasted as normal)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation