Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP PSC1410

HP Recommended
PSC1410
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed Windows 10 about a week ago – everything (including the printer) worked perfectly. Yesterday I had to change print cartridges and now, thanks to a member of this Forum, it prints  (but very bad quality). if I try to use the copying function, it just feeds the paper through, at correct speed and with the same sound as if printing, but it does not print! Downloaded HP Solution Center- says all is fine: Downloaded HP Print & Scan Doctor – says all is OK. Uninstalled all HP programmes and re-installed with latest drivers – still no good quality print or any copying. Have tried HP Support, will not assist because printer is 10 years old (but the printer was working perfectly in all functions). Would greatly appreciate help, but PLEASE make it simple - I'm very much of a novice and am completely at a loss.

It is entirely thanks to a member of the Forum that I managed to get HP Solution Center to work at all.  I really appreciate all of you who are prepared to help people like me. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 215
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the HP Community @Jayuu,

I understand you are experiencing print quality issues on your HP PSC 1410 printer, and I would like to help.

I am not sure of the nature of the bad print quality so I'm going to post links to a couple documents that provide troubleshooting solutions to this issue. Please try all of the steps in order and get back to me with the results.

HP Inkjet Supplies - Ink Smears or Streaks

HP PSC 1400 Series All-in-One - Missing, Faded, or Dull Colors

If you are still experiencing the print quality issue after trying out those steps, check out the video below, it explains a few other ways to clean clogged cartridges.

7 Ways to Clean Blocked Clogged Ink Cartridges

If you are still experiencing the print quality issues after trying all the steps above, the printer may be at the end of its life and I would recommend looking into replacing it with a new printer.

I hope this helps.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the thumbs up below

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow - this is a fantastic site!  Many thanks, Marcelus.  I can't check it at present as I'm pushed for time but have bookmarked your suggestions and hope to be able to do it over the week-end.  It's weird that the printer works from 'Word' when a doc. is scanned in, but only occasionally can I use the 'Copy' function!  Many thanks, once again.  God bless - Jayuu

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation