cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EricBeeching Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 5510 e-all-in-one-Printer

I have already registered on 03-Jul-12. I now have a new e-Mail address which the system does'nt recognise. Have now

re-registered.

My printer fails to print properly at all. When sent a text/any document file it merely prints four, horizontal, colour bars with brackets around each. with the black colour bar remaining blank.

Carried out ALL the usual immediate actions such as changing all the ink pads, running the cleaning print heads etc. etc.

It will not carry out anything else.

This problem is repeated on four seperate computers (two PCs and two Lap Tops) on both radio link and direct USB connection.

The latest option I have tried is uninstalling all reference to HP and downloading the latest driver suite. At the moment it will not even respond at all, with nothing listed in the Printer Queue. During the download it did respond by printing out a message "Make the most of your Printer" in a very faint blue colour. Nothing more or since.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7,660 7,248 341 888
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 5510 e-all-in-one-Printer

Hello EricBeeching,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having some issues when it comes to printing from your computers.

I do have a few steps that I would like to run through with you in an attempt to troubleshoot this issue.

First off, please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip. Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

I would also suggest that you attempt to do a stand alone copy by laying a document or photo on the scanner bed and then press copy.

Please let me know if this prints without any issues.

Write back at your convenience and I will be happy to help.

Cheers,   Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation