cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dcarey4798 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Toolbox has encountered an error and can not recover

I having a problem every time on boot up my computer. A box keeps coming up that says;

Windows Version Win32NT - 6.1.7601.65536

HP ToolboxFX version : 006.015.01163

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but I get the same problem.

The printer works great, but I just get this annoying prompt every time.

When I first installed the software a year ago when I first purchased my printer, I don't remember having ever having this error at that time.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4377 4351 444 575
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

D Carey, sounds like you are having an issue with the Printer Toolbox software. However, I am going to need to know more information on what you are working with. What is the operating system you are working on and what is the particular model of printer that is experiencing the issue? Here is a post by one of the forum regulars on what information is good to contain in a post so that we have enough information to give you the answer you need as immediately as possible :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/td-p/2094

Let me know and I will get right back in touch with you! 

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here! 

-Spencer 

0 Kudos
fadamo Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with HP Toolbox. After three years, has anyone resolved this issue?

In this thread, someone answered the original poster and requested more information from him or her. I can provide my information to the questions asked by the responder to perhaps get this solution moving along:

The responder asked: "What is the operating system you are working on and what is the particular model of printer that is experiencing the issue?"

The operating system in Windows 7. The model of printer is LJ M1536dnf. Connection method is network. The error message is exactly as the original poster wrote. The problem description is exactly as stated by the original poster except that I also get the message whenever I attempt to restart HP Toolbox - I am guessing that the original poster also gets the message onre-execution.

I happen to be using an earlier version of the software. However, after installing the newer version, I was unable to use the feeder on the scanner, the 150 resolution in MJ Scan disappeared, and HP Toolbox was gone (deleted). Frustrated, I removed the newer version and reinstalled the old version - I need to use the feeder and did not have time to determine how to get it back. I suppose one way of getting rid of the problem with HP Toolbox is to remove the software enterly.

Thank you,

fadamo

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation