cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RBainbridge
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP c309a and HP eprint Home&Biz

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Got a weird problem I wondered if anybody could help with. Using HP eprinthome&Biz to print from my iphone and ipad to my C309a which is connected via Ethernet cable to my wireless router. All works fine providing I connect to the SSID of the wirless router directly however in order to get wirless coverage throughtout the house I use a WLAN extender from Devolo which broadcasts a different SSID in the more remote parts of the house.

When I connect to the Devlo SSID then eprinthome&biz cannot find the C309a any ideas or help gratefully received.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SunnySmiles
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey RBainbridge,

1. Can you try disconnecting the extender and try connecting using the app again?

2. If this does not find the printer, try power cycling the printer and the Apple devices and then try printing again.

3. In most cases, using an extender will prevent the printer and Apple device from communicating with each other.

I hope this helps.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

0 Kudos
RBainbridge
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
SunnySmiles,

Thanks for the reply yes that works but I guess I was really needing to make the app work via the extender. I note you say that using an extender will usually stop the app connecting and wondered why this is?
0 Kudos
PrintWright
Level 3
Level 3
34 34 3 4
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Since you have no problems connected directly to the base router, it is likely that your extender has its DHCP settings enabled.

If you access your extender's settings and disable DHCP, this could solve your issue.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation