Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (6,480 Views)

LaserJet 1320, blinking sign interrupts printing

Hello,

When printing on LaserJet 1320, the process in the PC goes well and the document is sent to the printer. But the printer doesn't do the job - the sign "!" starts blinking as well as the green button is lit. I checked the manual and it says:

1. Manual feed - no, I don't feed manually
2. Out of paper for the specified tray - there is enough paper
3. General continuable error - what kind of error is that?
4. Memory configuration error - tried to add an extra 64 MB RAM, no effect
5. Personality/Job related error - tried to print different things, all with the same effect.

So, I tried many things and I came up with one thing - if I push the green button the "!"-sign stops blinking and the printer suddenly starts printing and there are no further problems. But, this is not an option to go press the button each and every time you print, so how do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 6 (6,470 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1320, blinking sign interrupts printing

This used to happen to me when we used a 1320 in my work place. I can't be sure what I did, and I use Linux, but I think I may have changed the printer driver and the problem went away.

Incidentally we moved to using a HP CP202n as the 1320 started to have issues, problem is the CP2025 now has worse issues. Sigh. No more HP for me.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (6,453 Views)

guyleonard,
Well, what if changing drivers could be an option? If so, could you advise where in the drivers to change options?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (6,394 Views)

You can check to see if your printer device driver is up to date if you are running a Windows operating system through hp.com. At the home page, click on "Support and drivers", then "See support and troubleshooting" and enter your product name (laserjet 1320). Click Go. Choose the model of laserjet 1320 you have from the product list. On the right side of the resulting screen above a pink box advertising the support chat option, you'll see a link to "Automatically see if your driver needs updating". Click on it and follow the steps.

I had this problem and discovered I had to change some options in the printer driver. If you have Windows, get to the Printers and Faxes through your Start button. Right click on the laserjet 1320 and choose properties. Click on printing preferences. My software didn't like having the paper type be automatic, I had to change it to plain. You may have similar problems with the settings for paper source or paper size if they are on automatic.

Some software allows you to adjust the printer properties from the application itself. Use the file, print option and see if there is a Printer Properties button in the dialog box that come up. If so, that may be an easier way to access these settings.

Professor
Message 5 of 6 (5,106 Views)

Re: questions on putting hp dv6000 parts in hp ze2000

I'm not sure what else to do for you. My suggestion is that you will need to create a new thread specific to your issue so that each expert on the board will be able to see it.

Place all of the details of your issue in the thread for the best chance of getting a solution.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Student
Message 6 of 6 (5,065 Views)

LaserJet 1320, blinking sign interrupts printing

Some software allows you to adjust the printer properties from the application itself. Use the file, print option and see if there is a Printer.

One of my application same problem, change the page setup of printer each and evertime in my application, it will automatically print without pressing go button,

But this is not good for everytime my users

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation