cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DPMiller59
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

Nothing happens when I click on the "Send a Fax" button on my Photosmart C6180 All-in-One.

HP Recommended

Basically, I've covered my problem in the subject line. I can add that I'm using Windows 7 and that the "Scan" button works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kawaii_aoi
Level 6
368 368 22 79
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again!

You can re-run the wireless setup on the printer as the partial reset will restore your printer's settings (see previous post). This reset is to fix the "send fax" message coming up on the printer.

Setting up the wireless connection on your printer.

1. Press setup button on printer. Go to Network Menu and select Wireless Setup Wizard.
  2. Printer should start checking for wireless networks. Select yours and enter password when prompted.
  3. Printer will connect successfully if all info is entered. You can even print a network test report to confirm its IP address and connection. Note the signal strength and channel as this is also important.
  4. You should be able to print after that.

Send a Fax... is that coming up on the computer or the printer?

I'm assuming it's from the computer thru HP Solution Center. You might want to check this article - 'Fax Scan Failed' Message Appears on the Computer in Windows When Faxing from HP Solution Center

Hope this works for you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :generic:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
9 REPLIES 9
bassergitz
Level 7
861 849 46 148
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Reset – While printer is powered ON, pull

the power cord from the printer then from the

wall. After 30 seconds reconnect power to wall

and printer. This will trigger a ‘dirty power up’

and restore the printer to a known good

condition (if it is possible). No user settings are

lost with a ‘hard reset’.

This ‘Hard Reset’ is one of the most powerful

tools to use when the printer hardware is not

functioning properly!

IF NOT RESOLVED, uninstall hp software &

reinstall using latest  hp software from hp

website.

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
DPMiller59
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bassergitz,

I'd love to give you a white star, but the solution you suggested didn't work.

Thanks anyway.

DPMiller59

kawaii_aoi
Level 6
368 368 22 79
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DPMiller59 wrote:

Basically, I've covered my problem in the subject line. I can add that I'm using Windows 7 and that the "Scan" button works.

Hi DPMiller59,

You can try this partial reset.

1. Disconnect the power cord from back of your printer.
2. Press and hold down # and 3 on your keypad
3. While holding down these 2 buttons, reconnect the power cord back to your printer.
4. The printer screen should display Part NVM reset or it would simply reset.
5. Wait for a few minutes until the printer is finished with the initial setup. You may need to reset the country and language when prompted.

*Partial reset will restore the printer's settings back to factory default.

Hope this works for you!

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
DPMiller59
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

kawaii_aoi,

I did what you said and now my HP Solution Center says that my all-in-one is not connected!

Dave

kawaii_aoi
Level 6
368 368 22 79
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi again!

Can you provide other details pls?

Have you restarted the printer and computer?
What happened to the "Send a Fax" button issue?
How is the printer connected to your computer?

Let me know...

DPMiller59
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a wireless connection that was working until I began following your and other people's advice on unplugging the power or a partial reset. Somehow, my HP C6180 is no longer connected wirelessly with my computer.

The fact that the "Send a Fax" button doesn't work is now secondary to the fact that my all-in-one is not connected to my computer.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

kawaii_aoi
Level 6
368 368 22 79
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again!

You can re-run the wireless setup on the printer as the partial reset will restore your printer's settings (see previous post). This reset is to fix the "send fax" message coming up on the printer.

Setting up the wireless connection on your printer.

1. Press setup button on printer. Go to Network Menu and select Wireless Setup Wizard.
  2. Printer should start checking for wireless networks. Select yours and enter password when prompted.
  3. Printer will connect successfully if all info is entered. You can even print a network test report to confirm its IP address and connection. Note the signal strength and channel as this is also important.
  4. You should be able to print after that.

Send a Fax... is that coming up on the computer or the printer?

I'm assuming it's from the computer thru HP Solution Center. You might want to check this article - 'Fax Scan Failed' Message Appears on the Computer in Windows When Faxing from HP Solution Center

Hope this works for you!

View solution in original post

DPMiller59
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

kawaii_aoi,

Well, this solution worked. Everything is now working.

What I discovered is that perhaps my "Send a Fax" button was working all along. It just takes a while for the fax screen to appear, much longer than one would I expect. I probably wasn't waiting long enough because it didn't appear that anything was happening.

Anyway, all is well and I gave you a white star.

Thanks again.

Dave

kawaii_aoi
Level 6
368 368 22 79
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi again!

Glad that it's working for you. Feel free to visit the forums if you need help!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation