Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
20 12 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Officejet pro 8600 not found by computers on wireless network

HP Recommended
Office jet Pro 8600 premium
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello all!

I have been having this issue on and off at least once a year...

When I go to print off of a computer-all through wireless connections, the computers cannot find the printer.  The printer is on and connected to the network, and the network results show that everything is fine.  I have done everything, including restarting the printer, restarting the computer trying to print form, and reinstalling the printer, and I keep getting the "Printer not connected" message on the computers.  Every blue moon, if I leave it long enough, it'll somehow find the printer and print, but as I said this is extremely rare.

Logistic-wise, I am using Comcast for cable internet, and all products are Apple.  Modem is a Motorola, and the router is a Linksys.  The router is less than 25 feet from the printer, and there is a clear shot-no walls or such to block the signal

Thanks for all of y'alls help!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,245 2,120 146 292
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @jgossc

Welcome to the HP Support Forum. :robothappy:

I see that you're encountering printer-to-Mac communication issues. I would like to assist you with this. I have some suggestions that might help.

I recommend you try the following steps: 

• Uninstall your printer - click here for instructions.  
  • Repair disk permissions on your Mac - click here for instructions.  
  • Once you've finished running the above-noted utility, restart your computer. 
  • Lastly, click here to reinstall your printer via HP Easy Start. 

If you find the printer's connection's more consistent afterwards, great. If not, click here for detailed steps on how to address the issue. In particular, setting a static IP might be useful in clearing up the issue once and for all. Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.

If I have helped you resolve the issue and you liked this post, feel free to express your thanks by clicking on the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking 'Accept as Solution' (this will help others find the solution).

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Have a great day!

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 12 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So far, so good!  Thanks for your help!

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation