cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
casasemanas Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1606 multiple copies don't separate

The printer works great, BUT when I print multiple duplexed copies, if the original document has an odd number of pages, then the first page of the next copy gets printed on the back of the last page of the previous copy, making it unusable.  I have to print an additional single first page to have a complete document and I have a wasted bit of printing on the back of one document. 

Is there  some setting that I am unaware of?  I can't imagine why anyone would want this feature, but whatever.  I'd just like to be able to do multiple duplexed print jobs and have the copies separate into discrete entities, not one page printed on the back of the previous copy.

Thanks for any info.

Paul Weeks

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What OS are you using?

How are you connecting the printer to the computer?

What program are you printing from?

Does it do this if you print from a different program?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
casasemanas Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer connected via USB to Airport, Mac connected wirelessly to airport

Printing from Acrobat, not sure about Open Office

I'll try different programs and I'll also try connecting the printer directly to the Mac.  I'll get back to you ASAP.  Thanks for the reply.  Currently I have a cold and i don't feel like doing anything, but in a day or so hopefully that will change.

Paul

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No problem.  Let me know what you find.  Feel better soon.  🙂

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
casasemanas Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It's just with Acrobat, either networked or connected locally via USB .   Open Office doesn't do it.

I can work-around by inserting a blank page in the .pdf document, but I wish that I didn't have to.

Thanks for any info.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Acrobat must be having a conflict with the printer's driver.  Try using a different PDF reader.  Let me know what happens.

Signature
casasemanas Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK, well that worked.  I used Preview and it printed just fine.  Thanks!!!

Paul

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No problem. 🙂

Signature
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation