cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mark2polo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Slow scan on LaserJet M1217nfw MFP

HP Recommended
LaserJet M1217nfw MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Scans are taking forever with this printer.  I had an older model HP and it scans in a flash!  Scans are taking up to 14 minutes for 3 pages.    Please advise. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,642
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mark2polo,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are experiencing issues with the scans taking up to 14 minutes for 3 pages. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

How is the printer connected?
Are you having the same issue when copying?

Please try the steps in this document for a network connection,  HP Printers - Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows). If you are using a USB connection, try this document,  HP Printers - USB Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows).

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor?

If the printer is networked, try scanning by a USB connection to see if you have the same results.

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
mark2polo
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Connection is good. Copying and printing from the desktop has no issues. I use a wireless connection. Have not downloaded the print and scan doctor yet. I can now and let you know.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation