cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cuzzo10
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (Scanner not found.)

i'm getting the same notice (Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (Scanner not found.)).  I tried all the things you listed without any improvement... do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
ranzaruth
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the same problem!!

I tired reseting the printer system as you said, but I can't seem to find where it says "Reset Printing System". I tried right clicking in the settings, and when the print cue is open, and all over the place, but nothing is coming up that!

Please help!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,867
Message 23 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Right click in the blank area just below the last printer on the list of printers.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
alk27
1 1 0 2
Message 24 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was having the same issues. I have Mac OS X 10.6.4 and HP 1.4.7 and was not able to scan anything even though print and copy worked. I fixed the problem by opening up Preview and selecting File - Import from Scanner. You then choose which of your devices you want to scan from, click scan and it works!! Hope this helped!

garking
1 1 0 1
Message 25 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Legend alk27!

This really does solve the problem!

burkeholland
1 1 0 0
Message 26 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've found that this happens when there is a memory card in the printer/scanner card reader.  Eject the card and try again.

0 Kudos
truebluesnoopy
1 1 0 0
Message 27 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried this exactly as specified and the scanner still doesn't work.  the printer works fine, but i'm still getting the scanner could not be initialized (can not be found) error when i push the scan button on the printer itself.  Any other suggestions?  I'm using Mac OS 10.5.8 and an HP F2210. 

0 Kudos
jasatto
1 1 0 0
Message 28 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a C3180 HP Photosmart All In One and am running Mac OS X 10.6.5.  I received the Scanner not found msg and followed your instructions with one exception, I downloaded the HP Software for Mac OS X 10.6.  I'm not running into an issue where my printer is not being recognized when I go to install the new software.  The device is not being recognized at all by the HP Installer and then when I push Continue to install without identifying the printer, it shows a list of HP printers all of which are later versions (4000 and higher).  Any advice how to complete this install?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,867
Message 29 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let's reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
BLINKla
4 4 0 0
Message 30 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This option is not available in 10.5.8 Preview.  It has 'Import Image' and sadly, it does not work.

Having followed all of the instructions on the page ad nauseum, a working solution from HP rather than a workaround by frustrated users would be appreciated.  The ever present incompatibilities between HP and Mac software has become a tradition.  A former employer spent a couple thousand dollars sorting out network problems that HP refused to answer.  

I am a great fan of HP hardware though the software leaves a lot to be desired.  Please prove me wrong here with an answer that does not include the words reset or reinstall, and I will eat my words.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation