Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 11 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have an office jet 5610 running on windows 7. the scanner has stopped working.

Yes, tried the Windows application again. Doc feeder was ok but still nothing on flatbed. (Just had a mate text with a cheap offer for a 2nd hand Canonscan - i think i might take him up on it)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 12 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have an office jet 5610 running on windows 7. the scanner has stopped working.

Lets eliminate the computer for a moment and just focus on the printer. Are you able to copy a document/image directly from the printer from the flatbed?

-Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 13 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, no problem at all and quality very good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 14 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Edited..

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 15 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry if I'm a bit thick, but I have no idea where or what this alignment box is. I put a document on the flat bed. Press Start copy. A good copy is produced. After copy is printed the ON button keeps flashing and Solution Centre says Scanner Failure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 16 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Opps. I accidently posted that from another thread I was working on. Sorry about that.

If you flatbed scanner worked fine to make a copy then we know there is nothing wrong with the printer. Follow this steps in the document to see if it resolves the flashing light issue:

A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or F...

-Sean

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 17 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried all the steps except service the device still the same problem. Is it worth the cost to get it serviced ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 18 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not think there is anything wrong with the printer. You did indicate you were able to create a copy from the flat bed scanner with no issues correct? Also do you happen to be using a USB hub?

-Sean

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 0
Message 19 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spoiler

Not using a usb hub. When I copy on flatbed, I get a good quality copy so the scanner seems to be ok. However, when the copy has completed the display on the unit stays on 'copying' and the on button continues to flash. By swithing off and on again I can then do another copy. I have gone through disconnecting all the cables etc but no different. I've had the unit over 5 years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
2,530 2,533 123 193
Message 20 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, so I have a question. After you make a copy, you get the scanner error and blinking power button, every time?

If so, make a copy with the lid open, so that you can watch the scanner light mechanism move across. Be aware it is very bright, just looking for less than smooth movement after the scan mechanism reaches the end of the forward scan. If it has problems coming back, that would be a reason for a hardware scanner failure message.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation