cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
laughterisgood4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

possible to save photos?

HP Recommended

I have the HP Photosmart Plus B210 and I am trying to find a way to save the pics from my SD card to my computer's hard drive. I only see the option to upload the pics to Snapfish. Is there another way?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Hubbs
Level 6
386 383 29 135
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the printer is on the network (or USB) you can access the SD card from your computer as an external (or network) drive.

Which Operating system are you trying to pull them to? The process (if networked) is a bit different on Mac vs Windows, but USB is pretty much the same - drive mounts, double-click, drag and drop (or copy/paste).

Please provide a few more details about your computer/printer/network (if applicable) setup, and I will help you get this set up.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jet475
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you please run me through the process of being able to see my memory card reader as an external drive? I am running Vista with the printer set up wirelessly. Thanks.

Hubbs
Level 6
386 383 29 135
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I would do is to try mapping it as a network drive.

1. Go into My Computer
2. Click Tools --> Map Network Drive (or click Map Network Drive from the bar at the top of the screen).
3. Choose a drive letter (one that is towards the end of the alphabet tends to work better and avoid conflicts)
4. Type in your \\<printer IP address>\memory_card (Example: \\192.168.1.113\memory_card)
5. Make sure to check the box for reconnecting when you log in.
6. Click Finish

You might receive an error if there is currently no card inserted in the printer, you can ignore this error. Once you insert a memory card, you can then access it via this mapped drive.

Hope this helps 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation