Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
techsupport0179 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 31 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

solutioncenter.msi popup at HP Solution Center startup

This issue will take only 5 min to resolve

go to the following link:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

if the link doesn't work go to microsoft.com

in the search bar type cleanup utility and hit search

click on description of windows instaler cleanup utility

and click download windows instaler cleanup utility package now

once the instalation of the cleanup utility is complete go to start-->all programs you will find a windows instaler cleanup utility in the list

when you open the cleanup utility it will give you a list of softwares instaled on the computer.

highlight the solution center and click on remove.

its done.

the cleanup utility works the same way if you are facing the same issue with any other software.

it does not remove the solution center from the computer it removes only the instalation package.

which of no use

0 Kudos
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
716 45 216
Message 32 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have some really good news.

The patch that fixes this problem got released for some of our products.

Here is the link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=mp-77737-1

Thanks

Message Edited by JonW on 09-24-2009 09:24 AM

Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixed broken link

JonW

I work for HP
dosulliv91 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 1
Message 33 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Jonw - I installed the patch and it did indeed upgrade Solution center to version 13, removed the older versions of Flash and appears to work correctly with the latest Flash revision (Flash 10c). To test whether this version of Solutioncenter could cope with a different revision of Flash however, I renamed my Flash ocx and exe files to version 10b and version 10d (To reflect having an older or newer version of Flash installed). Unfortunately, the app failed to launch and displayed an error message stating that I needed to have the latest version of Flash installed. This error message is clearly an improvement over than the prior 'Prompt for disk' error, but it appears that Solutioncenter is still locked to a specific Flash rev. This isn't good because people are going to have a similar problem again the next time Flash gets updated.

Now it's possible that the app is now smart enough to know which version of Flash is the latest and won't have a problem when Flash is upgraded next. I'm not entirely confident that is the case however, and we won't know for sure until the next Flash release. If my suspicions are correct, then this patch is really a band-aid, rather than a true fix.

Would it be possible for you to reach out to the developers and determine if this version of Solutioncenter does indeed require Flash10c?

Message Edited by dosulliv91 on 09-24-2009 03:46 PM
0 Kudos
Iwannaknow Top Student
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 34 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Is phote gallery errors or messages the same as AiO scnner interface problem, stopping interface from HP Photo and Imaging Solution and the AiO Scanne stops with multiple recipients still not receiving the fax that was scanned into Send Fax from the Document Feeder. I have to power off to stop the fax from continuing to send to other recipients even though the AiO scanner has stopped.  What is AiO Scanner and how does it work and how can you view information or remaining recipients to be sent a fax?

Thanks,

Iwannaknow

0 Kudos
bumboola Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 35 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just want everybody to know that Solution Center 13 works beautifully, far better than the version 10 I was using before that gave me all sorts of problems. If this "fix" can handle future versions of Flash I will be surprised. Very happy, but surprised. I've learned not to expect too much from HP.

0 Kudos
gardener711 Tutor
Tutor
15 0 1
Message 36 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

JonW and dosulliv91 - when I clicked on the link JonW gave in his reply which indicated that there is now a patch that fixes the thread problem, all I was taken to was an HP page that contained "download options and information" (which only contained the HP software licensing agreement) + a feedback section.  There was no patch on that link page nor could I find any kind of patch anywhere there or by searching around the HP website using a variety of search terms.  I have an HP OfficeJet J4580 and I have had the same problem of pop ups since I installed it on my Vista 64 bit PC.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HP software as indicated in prior replies, but this didn't solve the pop up problem.  I unchecked the software in msconfig to at least stop the pop ups from happening at PC bootup.  But, I still get the pop ups when invoking the HP Solutions Center software after bootup.  In checking the DVD for the HP Solution Center software that came with the J4580, the DVD contains the flash files flash9b.ocx and FlashUtil9b.exe.  Can you tell me how to get this patch which, hopefully, can resolve the thread problem???
0 Kudos
grcook00 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 37 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi -

I've been fighting this same demon for a while now, but I think that I have found a combination that works for my computer:

1. As referenced by JonW, there is an update; he just gave an incorrect link. I was able to find the link by searching on my product (OfficeJet 6000 Wireless E609n) and the keyword "SolutionCenter.msi" from his given link; however, to make your life easier, here is the link after searching:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77737-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&....

2. If your OS is OTHER THAN Vista 64-bit, use the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?swlinkmsg=100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3866949, then select your OS; on the next page, scroll down to Software -> Solution Center Update (11-2009, Version 13.0) and continue from there.

3. As described by techsupport0179 and others (above), go to the Microsoft website and download the MSI Uninstaller: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

4. Run the uninstaller, removing all references to the HP packages that are giving you problems (for me, they were "GPBaseService2", "SolutionCenter", "Status" and "TrayApp" - note that they are not listed under "HP", but alphabetically by themselves). DO NOT uninstall anything that you do not recognize or if you do not know how your computer will react - I did this once before and it caused me all sorts of misery!

Disclaimer: Although this worked for me, I cannot guarantee that it will work (or won't be otherwise detrimental) in all cases. My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium Version 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2), using an HP OfficeJet 6000 Wireless Printer E609n. Again, DO NOT use the uninstaller to remove anything that you are not sure of!

I hope this helps!

P.S. To gardener711: I just noticed that you mentioned you have a J4580; although my links above may lead to a common update, I would recommend that you proceed from the search box at the top of the page in JonW's posted link as I described in step 1 (using your printer model, of course); then proceed as in step 2. Good luck (I know how much of a pain this problem is...)!

Message Edited by grcook00 on 11-26-2009 05:30 PM
0 Kudos
dosulliv91 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 1
Message 38 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

grcook00 wrote:

Hi -

I've been fighting this same demon for a while now, but I think that I have found a combination that works for my computer:

1. As referenced by JonW, there is an update; he just gave an incorrect link. I was able to find the link by searching on my product (OfficeJet 6000 Wireless E609n) and the keyword "SolutionCenter.msi" from his given link; however, to make your life easier, here is the link after searching:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77737-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&....

2. If your OS is OTHER THAN Vista 64-bit, use the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?swlinkmsg=100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3866949, then select your OS; on the next page, scroll down to Software -> Solution Center Update (11-2009, Version 13.0) and continue from there.

3. As described by techsupport0179 and others (above), go to the Microsoft website and download the MSI Uninstaller: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

4. Run the uninstaller, removing all references to the HP packages that are giving you problems (for me, they were "GPBaseService2", "SolutionCenter", "Status" and "TrayApp" - note that they are not listed under "HP", but alphabetically by themselves). DO NOT uninstall anything that you do not recognize or if you do not know how your computer will react - I did this once before and it caused me all sorts of misery!

Disclaimer: Although this worked for me, I cannot guarantee that it will work (or won't be otherwise detrimental) in all cases. My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium Version 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2), using an HP OfficeJet 6000 Wireless Printer E609n. Again, DO NOT use the uninstaller to remove anything that you are not sure of!

I hope this helps!

P.S. To gardener711: I just noticed that you mentioned you have a J4580; although my links above may lead to a common update, I would recommend that you proceed from the search box at the top of the page in JonW's posted link as I described in step 1 (using your printer model, of course); then proceed as in step 2. Good luck (I know how much of a pain this problem is...)!

Message Edited by grcook00 on 11-26-2009 05:30 PM

For what it's worth, I never had to uninstall my old Solution Center software before installing the new version. Therefore, I don't believe step 3 is strictly necessary. However, it can't hurt to try it if a direct install of the new Solution Center version does not work.

0 Kudos
gardener711 Tutor
Tutor
15 0 1
Message 39 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the quick responses.  I sent HP Support an e-mail on this at the same time and they referenced me to the update to Version 13 (of what?  Just the Solution Center or something more than that?) which is contained at the link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77737-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

This webpage link tells you to download the file eSupport_hpcom_130_011.exe which is 44 MB and is described as version 13 (though, like I said, it doesn't tell you version 13 of what).  The webpage for the "update" also states that "This patch will not install properly if you do not have the previous software version installed".  But, of course, they also don't tell you what specific previous software they are referring to (version 12?  version 9?).  Good grief. 

The update on this link is for version 13.0 for the HP Officejet 6500.  Since I told HP support that I had an HP Officejet J4580 whose installation CD has the flash9b.ocx and FlashUtil9b.exe files on it + that my hard drive now has the Flash 10c versions of these files and they referenced me to this link, and based on earlier input from CaptainWingnut that "it has worked for ALL of our computers running XP and Vista with a variety of HP printers", I am inclined to bite the bullet and install version 13 and watch my computer blow up.....or not.  In their e-mail to me, the HP Support folks merely told me to download and save the "patch" to a desired hard drive location and then run the file to install it.  They made no mention of the need to uninstall anything before installing ther patch.  I did e-mail them back asking them that very question (whether, before running/installing the patch, it was necessary to uninstall anything) and am awaiting a response to that question before I install the patch.  Has anybody run into difficulties in installing this patch for version 13 (without uninstalling the HP printer software first) for anything like my HP Officejet J4580 under Vista 64 bit? 

0 Kudos
gardener711 Tutor
Tutor
15 0 1
Message 40 of 121
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just received the response from HP (see my prior post) which stated that: (1) I should install the update; (2) the update can also be installed for my HP Officejet J4580 All-in-One Printer; (3) if I am unable to install the update or if the issue persists, they tell me to install the "Higher version(Cue 12)" to resolve this issue - but I haven't the faintest clue what "Higher version (Cue 12) " is (anybody?); (4) there is no need to remove the software and driver on my computer that is installed for HP Officejet J4580; (5) I should just download this higher version of the software and install it; and (6) this higher version will override the previous version of the software.  Anybody have any problem with what the HP Support folks say?????????????

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation