cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
jecook96
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer not printing in color

HP Recommended
Officejet 6600

My printer has stopped printing in color even though I designate it to print in color on the advanced printer properties.

It will print in color when I print out a test page from the diagnostic menu. I have followed a few threads to try to find the problem and have gone to my control panel to turn off my grayscale and I am just hoping that maybe there is something new that I haven't tried yet.

The printer is connected to my computer wirelessly.

3 REPLIES 3
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,430 6,404 515 1,128
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Kindly try making a Color Copy of a picture. Does it print in Color ?

If No, then on the printer control panel, touch Setup(wrench icon) > Tools Clean Printhead.

You may have to try the Clean Printhead for atleast 3 times if it does not print in Color.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
jecook96
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have cleaned the printhead and it seems to print normally, but then when I try to print something from Microsoft Word or Adobe, it still prints in grayscale.

0 Kudos
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,430 6,404 515 1,128
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

If issue still persists please try he below mentioned steps while using WORD to print.

1. Ensure ou have a colored text or a picture in word file that you want to print.
  2. Click FILE > Print,  under the Printer select the printer you want to print to.
  3. Just below the Printer name , click on Printer Properties.
  4. a Window will open, now click on the tab COLOR .
  5. Ensure Print in GrayScale is OFF. 
  6. Now click on OK button and then  hit the PRINT icon to start printing.
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation