cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
toxaris
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HpqPswd.exe in x64 WinPE

HP Recommended

Hello.

Does anyone know if it possible to run HpqPswd.exe in x64 WinPE?

When I execute HpqPswd.exe in WinPE x64 I get this error:

"The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present"

And thats probably because HpqPswd.exe is a x86 application.

I need to run HpqPswd.exe as a part of a Operating System Deployment Task Sequence with ConfigMgr 2012.

And to be able do install Windows 7 x64 I have to boot to WinPE x64 for it to work properly.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
richard429
Level 4
103 99 4 4
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
There is a 64 bit version of the utility in the latest BIOS update and recovery utility.

I will try to locate HPBiosUpdRec & post a link.

We have notified the team to add it to the client management download library.

Thanks,

Richard
I work HP but am not a company spokesman. Participation in the comminty forums is voluntary.

0 Kudos
toxaris
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The version of HpqPswd.exe I use is 1.1.12.1

0 Kudos
toxaris
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ahh, I fund version 1.1.13.1 in sp70045.

Here: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_144059_1&swEnvOid=406...

Will give that a try.

0 Kudos
richard429
Level 4
103 99 4 4
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not believe the version you found is a 64 bit version.

The BIOS update for EliteBook 850 G2 ( SP70546 )  has the same BIOS SoftPaq for both 32 bit OS and 64 bit OS versions of the 850 G2 model.

It has two versions of HPBIOSUPDREC.exe ( a 32 bit and a 64 bit ) , yet it has only one version of the HpqPswd.exe utility.

This implies to me that it is a 32 bit version that runs natively on 32 bit and depends upon WindowsOnWindows  (WoW) to function in the 64 bit environment.

Partial contents list of SP70546

-  HPBIOSUPDREC.exe

-  HPBIOSUPDREC64.exe

-  HpqPswd.exe

-  Installer.exe

-  M71_103.bin

-  WSSP70546.rtf

-  BIOSUpdate  ( sub-directory)

I have not located a package with both versions of the password utility yet but will check when again at work in the morning.

Thanks,

Richard

I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson.   Participation in the community forums is voluntary.

0 Kudos
toxaris
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, I'll wait for you to find the right files.

0 Kudos
vtby
Level 2
23 23 2 2
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check the Manageability web page  at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/download.html

for the latest version 1.1.18.1 of HPQ Password  (SP70870).

Extract SP70870,  you will find there 2 versions of HPQpswd, 32-bit and 64-bit.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation