cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

SDM software download manager problem with ELitebook 840 G1 32BIT WIndow 8.1

HP Recommended

i have a dual windows 7 32 bit and window 8.1 32 bit boot option on my ELitebook 840 G1. the SDM doesn't seem to recognize the windows 8.1 OS and language. I have reset the SDM by refreshing the product catalogue. Also I have marked the avaliable options in SDM just to see whether it recognizes the OS and language. it doesn't work.

the Windows 7 OS was recognized.

it seems that in the driver options there is no selection for an 32 it windows 8.1 OS, when I downloaded the SDM softpaq. Might this be the problem I am encountering?

thanks in advance for your advice. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 2
12 12 2 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HP SoftPaq Download Manager forum.  We appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

According to the elitebook 840 g1 support page. Windows 8.1 32bit is not supported.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5405097&lang=en&lang=en&cc=us&cc=us

SDM only recognize those OS supported. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Author
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I saw on the drivers website the OS options and noticed the missing link to OS 8.1 32Bit. I read on other posts about similar issues that HP was working on updates for the driver section. Maybe this is also in scope vor OS 8.1 32Bit?

I can use the HP support assistant to check for driver updates but on my other HP laptop (different model) which also has )S 8.1 32Bit the SDM provided more driver downloads enabling more HP features.

so that is why I am eager on knowing more about a SDM update.

kind regards

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation