cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1973tr6
Level 2
19 16 0 0
Message 141 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 and Vista hotsync instructions here

I don't remember who suggested it (several pages back) but I have successfully connected my M500 to my Win 7 (64-bit) pc using a serial cable (antique technology!!).  I had to buy a DB-9 serial port card since my computer had only USB ports.  The card and the cable together cost me about $45, but now (I think) I can hot sync again.  The card came with a drivers disc, but Win 7 installed it's own drivers and it seems to be working.  The only problem I seem to be having now is that, even though I have set the hand-held entries to over-ride the desktop, nothing has gone from the hand-held to the desktop.  All of my info is still on the hand-held, and nothing has been lost.  Do I have to re-enter it all on the desktop to get it there again??  And I can't find a back-up anywhere on my hard drive.

This is really the first thing that I have had success fixing after my Win 7 install.  Most of my games quit working, my checkbook register disappeared, and my Outlook address book was completely blown away.  I have been trying desparately to get things fixed for about 2 months now.  But at least now I should be able to carry around my Palm shopping list and collectibles data bases again.

0 Kudos
jaxbull
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 142 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I know if my Dell Inspirion has Blue Tooth?  I'be about given up hope of ever getting my Palm TX to sync with this computer. I love my Palm.  This is my third Palm Pilot but given the support that Palm has put into helping Plam owners move to Windows 7, it will be my last one!

0 Kudos
doctorj10011
Just joined
3 3 0 0
Message 143 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Palm Treo 755 sees the PC running win 7 64bit, but on the bluetooth setup there is a yellow key next to it, suggesting that it is locked. Bluetooth is configured on the pc to allow access. PC device manager sees the phone. Hotsync software set to serial (both devises use com 4) and bluetooth.

but the palm reports that "the port is in use by another application." This is the second (brand new) bluetooth adaptor.

thanks!

DoctorJ

0 Kudos
johnmsch
Level 2
18 15 0 1
Message 144 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Candrews for the Windows 7 XP Mode workaround at the beginning of this thread.  My trusty old Handspring Visor Deluxe is working like a champ.

You 'da man!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
astara_1
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 145 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i too have used a 'palm pilot' for a long time. i have had a z22 for the last 6 or 7 years. now i have one computer with xp and one with windows 7. since i know zilch about bluetooth and doubt if the z22 has it, i guess that an apple touch will be the next purchase. palm certainly hasn't done it's customers any favors.

0 Kudos
GAC_1
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 146 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use the Tungsten E Palm.  I recently got a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit.  Of course, I can't get them to sync.  I'm prepared to go out and buy the IR adapter, but could you please explain to me why this would work when plugging directly into the USB won't?  I can't wrap my brain around that.  I'd like to know what I'm doing before I go out and purchase the adapter.  I'm not a techie by any means, so plain ol' English would be great.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
chellemg
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 147 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have a 32 bit ultimate windows 7 edfition. I've downloaded the windows virtual pc, windows xp mode and downloaded the palm desktop for my zire 21 in windows xp mode. i can't seem to hot sync my palm to my desktop still! please help!! =(
0 Kudos
chellemg
Just joined
2 2 0 0
Message 148 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i did every step for windows 7 downloading the windows virtual pc and the windows xp mode! i still can't seem to hotsync my plam zire 21 please help
0 Kudos
Angeles
Level 1
10 10 0 0
Message 149 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With a 32 bits Windows 7 you don't need to download the virtual PC... At least, I didn't. I also have a new laptop with that system and I have been able to sync my Centro using the Desktop 6.2.2. Have you tried that? Good luck!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
jdgretz
Level 2
26 26 0 0
Message 150 of 174
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uncheck Com3 - Bluetooth does not use/need the com ports. The key on your palm simply says it is a recognized/known device. Does HotSync on your PC recognize the Bluetooth device? If not, then reinstall the BT, tell the computer to use it and it should work unless you are using Office 2010 in which case you are currently screwed (that's a technical term)

jdg
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation