cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
motolinus
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Mini 1000, Windows 7, trackpad not working

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I decided to format my Mini this morning to install a legal OEM copy of Win7 Pro. The first thing I noticed was there was no mouse cursor during the installation - not a big deal because I used a USB mouse. However, in Windows, the trackpad was still not recognized with the base level of drivers.

I've discovered that others have used the Synaptics driver for Vista on Win7 RC. Even though I'm using the final version, this doesn't work for me! I see a Synaptics tab in mouse settings, but there is no listed trackpad hardware. There are no relevant Windows updates either. I've also tried the Synaptics driver for WinXP from HP, but the same thing happens.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Write down Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
motolinus
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

My product number is:

VA726UA#ABC

This is the HP Mini 110-1030CA. The drivers listed are for XP and Vista only. What should I try next?

0 Kudos
motolinus
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SOLVED !

Phoned tech support. This was the fix:

Shutdown, take out the battery, remove AC power, hold the power switch for 1 minute, put the battery and AC power back in, and power up. The BIOS was reset to defaults just for safety.

Hope this helps anyone else out there. 

Message Edited by motolinus on 08-31-2009 03:16 PM
0 Kudos
meztre
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi good day!

I have the same problem. When I go to control panel to check the mouse option, it brings me to the mouse configuration window but looking on the "device settings" tab, the touchpad device is not listed inside the box. I already tried updating the product and all that, but it looks like windows 7 is not listing the device. I also tried to do the resolution given in this entry, but it didnt fix the problem.

heres my notebook's info

brand and model: HP mini 110-3500

operating system: windows 7 starter

product number: LG308PA#UUF

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation