Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 1 (77 Views)

Alignment problems

Product Name: DAVID SLS-2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good morning

I am doing research in a company for digitalization stocked parts. My job is decide which method is the best for this purpose (CAD modelling / 3D scanning / photographing). Company has borrowed 3D scan for 2 weeks so i started with it. 

I have 3D scan DAVID SLS-2. It is equipped with DAVID cam 3.1 and Acer K132. Software is DAVID3. 1 calibrating panel is broken so I scanned it, printed it and sticked it to carton. To ensure 90 degree iam using that L holders (I don´t know how accurate that printed panel is). In first week i watched lot of videotutorials and read lot of instructions and it looks really simple. By the time I have learned how to configure projector, camera and make successful calibration (I don´t know how can I verify if it is accurate). But i can´t align scans. If I rotate scanned part and make another scan, it looks like that part has different dimensions and align isn´t nice. 

I am not sure if i can say if this method is suitable for this purpose (scan lot of parts with different shapes and sizes as fast as possible) in 2 weeks. So Ill be glad if you can help me with aligning and if you can tell me your opinion to this situation. If you need i can post how my scans look.

Thank You

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation