1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alignment problems

DAVID SLS-2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good morning

I am doing research in a company for digitalization stocked parts. My job is decide which method is the best for this purpose (CAD modelling / 3D scanning / photographing). Company has borrowed 3D scan for 2 weeks so i started with it. 

I have 3D scan DAVID SLS-2. It is equipped with DAVID cam 3.1 and Acer K132. Software is DAVID3. 1 calibrating panel is broken so I scanned it, printed it and sticked it to carton. To ensure 90 degree iam using that L holders (I don´t know how accurate that printed panel is). In first week i watched lot of videotutorials and read lot of instructions and it looks really simple. By the time I have learned how to configure projector, camera and make successful calibration (I don´t know how can I verify if it is accurate). But i can´t align scans. If I rotate scanned part and make another scan, it looks like that part has different dimensions and align isn´t nice. 

I am not sure if i can say if this method is suitable for this purpose (scan lot of parts with different shapes and sizes as fast as possible) in 2 weeks. So Ill be glad if you can help me with aligning and if you can tell me your opinion to this situation. If you need i can post how my scans look.

Thank You

1 REPLY
Grad Student
Grad Student
317 19 31
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alignment problems

If everything is good your scans should overlap nicely, if you have some problems, first check projector settings.

Be sure that Auto Keystone is off and Manual Keystone is 0. If those settings are correct then try to get original panel or make better one.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation