2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

STRUCTURE SCANNING CUSTOM SET UP

DAVID LASER SCANNER
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Some time ago I played with this and now am back on it. I have a DAVID laser scanner starter kit which allows me to you a sls set up. (I know I know old school) 

Anyway I calibrated on the 120 panel, and scanned a part. Comes out great. 

I then moved in a little nearer, recalibrated and rescanned. The two scans are quite different in a number of areas. 

Has anyone tried this?

I basically wanted to scan a larger area at a further distance away, then go in closer to scan some holes. By go in closer, i'm talking about 3 - 4 inches, not far and then do the recalibrate.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Intern Intern
Intern
68 25 1 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you clarify what areas are the differences? 

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
UGMENTALCASE Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pretty much most of it was different. It's similar to when I've scanned something round. The scans stich together nicely and align fine, but when I get round the 360 degrees, they don't match up at the finish.

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
68 25 1 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please check if the FAQs apply to your situation. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05250654 Are the individual scans detailed enough? Have you tried putting markers on the object to get better alignment?

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation