Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (435 Views)

Waves in scanns

Product Name: David SLS-3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having trouble with waves, slicing, patterns in my scans I have tried all the recommended fixes I have found. Any ideas? I'm using a new standard David SLS-3 with V5.1 software and a second David camera. I'm new to David and currently use photogrammetry and IR rangefinder systems to do my captures.

wavy soccer ball.jpg

To solve the wave issue I have tried 3 different computers, 2 different projectors, tried all combinations of projector frequency, camera frame rates, camera exposure, have no problems with calibration.

The scans look mostly fine with the texture on this phenomenon is seems more pronounced on curved objects and sometimes at certain light levels.

thanks, any help greatly appreciated

Carl Geiger

wavy carl.jpg

Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (311 Views)

Re: Waves in scanns

Are you scanning in a dark room? If no, please try. Turn all lights off and avoid sunlight.

I am an HP Employee

**Views expressed are my own, no one else would say such drivel**
Highlighted
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: Waves in scanns

Here in some posts there were mentioned that there are no lines in scans with the original david/hp hardware. It is not so at all: look to the picture from the HP 3d Scan product page:3DscannerFastScanning_tcm245_2355247_tcm245_2355248_tcm245-2355247.jpg

I've marked lines here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation