cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
6 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

transferred files using usb do not show up in download directory

HP Recommended
hp slate pro 12
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean

I am running windows 8 on an older hp laptop and recently aquired an hp pro slate pro for my sheet music.  I connected it to my pc using the usb cable.  I created a directory in the download directory on the slate and copied my music files to that directory.   I used mtp to connect to the pc.  When looking at the files on the PC, they appear to be in the download directory on the tablet, but the download directory on the tablet shows no files.  Where are they?  I need help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 537
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @pattiwagen:

1) Setting --> Storage --> USB Connection to PC --> MTP (checked).

2) In { } Design Options --> USB Depuration (unchecked) --> Simulated Ubications (checked).

You can use for copy, move, delete, etc ... to third parts, the Apk ... File Manager HD and too use ... WLAN, FTP, Cloud. 

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  I had downloaded an app called file manager and it is great.  I can see all my files.  It also can connect to my pc using the Internet and that is very helpful.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation