Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Savi 7xx-M

Just plugged in an older Savi 7xx-M (Cannot determine exact model - full info below.)

Sofware version is 190.  Available is 190.  Thus, there is no update to deploy.  And yet - being told to update.  Haven't rebooted my laptop yet - why should I - but that would be next.  Any other ideas on this odd loopish behavior?

Device Model
Savi 7xx-M
Software version
Product ID
0xAC11

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Adam_In_DC2

Welcome to Poly HP Support Community. 

Kindly verify and perform a few troubleshooting steps. 

Kindly reset the headset using the poly lens application on the PC.
Please try to reinstall the poly lens application.

Please try using the PolyLens web application by following the link: Poly Lens

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving kudos or thumbs up and marking my post as an accepted solution.

Regards,

Salman

HP Recommended

The reset option is not available in Lens for Desktop when connected to this Savi device.  It is on my P15 - but not this device.

In using Lens Web version - I can connect to the P15.  But I cannot connect to the Savi.  It sees the Savi as a choice, and I can select it - but after hitting "Connect" nothing happens.  

The unit does work - I've tested it.  But these issues suggest something is off with it.  I'll have to try another unit of the same model - and see what differences there are.  

HP Recommended

Thank you for the confirmation

It seems like you have tried almost all the troubleshooting, and it looks like the headset is faulty. I would request that you contact HP Support to get the headset replaced if it is under warranty, and our support engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

Regards,

Salman

HP Recommended

I was going to agree with you except that I went ahead and found another Savi 7xx series that was running an earlier firmware version.  I successfully updated the version to 190.  

Once it was at 190 - it said that another version was available to update - and it was 190.  Even though it was already at 190.  Of course, when you attempt to update it - it says it's already updated and cannot update any further. 

My conclusion is that this is a bug with version 190.  

HP Recommended

Thank you for the confirmation.

We will take this feedback, and as an alternative, kindly use the Plantronics Hub application, which you can download using the following link:

PLANTRONICS HUB FOR WINDOWS/MAC Product Information | HP® Support

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving kudos or thumbs up and marking my post as an accepted solution.

Regards,

Salman

HP Recommended

The Plantronics app also notified me of an update.  Ran it.  Performed a lengthy update.  Ran it again.  No more notifications.  

Restarted the Poly App.  No update notification.

I suspect this was a very minor update of 190.A to 190.B

The Plantronics App was able to differentiate between the two, but the Poly App was not.  

IMHO - Definitely a bug on the Poly Lens side.  

HP Recommended

Kindly try again to update the headset using the Plantronics Hub. and make sure the headset is not in use while on update. 

If you are still facing the issue, I would request that you contact HP Support, and our support engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

Regards,

Salman

HP Recommended

I'm not sure you read my previous post.  I have just updated two different Savi Headsets using the Plantronics app. This was your suggestion.  The updates were successful.  Upon quitting the Plantronics App - and restarting the Poly Lens app - Poly Lens NOW sees the firmware as up to date.

I am literally showing you that the Plantronics App was successful and the Poly Lens app was not successful because it could not distinguish between the current firmware and the new firmware.  The headsets are not faulty.  It was only AFTER I updated the two units via the Plantronics app that Poly Lens was satisfied the units were up to date.  

There is nothing left for me to do.  It's now on Poly to determine why Lens doesn't work when the much older Plantronics does work.  Maybe because the Savi units are older?  

Please report this to the appropriate team so they can fix this bug.  Thanks. 

HP Recommended

I am sorry. I thought the issue still existed as there was no notification.

But we have taken the feedback on the poly lens issue and forwarded it to the concerned team. and we currently recommend you use Plantronics Hub to update and manage the settings of Savi units.

We will update you regarding future updates to poly lens applications.

Regards,

Salman

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.