Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Be the first to explore and join the conversation on our brand-new Poly Support Community Blog, Click here It's live now!!
HP Recommended
Voyager 5200 UC

I purchased the Poly Voyager 5200 UC Wireless Headset & Charging Case (Plantronics) .

HEADSET,  Voyager 5200 UC,  Product 2-206110-333

I have the same issue as found in the other thread titled

" Poly voyager legend 5200 charging case self draining (when headset stored)"

The charging case battery will go dead within 24 hours when the headset is placed into it.   How is this issue resolved?

I installed the Poly Lens app and updated the headset software to 517.293.

In the other thread I see others mention a SW version for the case. 

How do I find that and how I would update that?

I have a previous version of this Plantroincs headset and case and I never had this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @LeeWhrit, and welcome to the HP Poly community.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with the Poly Voyager 5200 UC.
Could you please follow a few troubleshooting steps mentioned below and let us know if the issue persists?
1. Could you please try charging the case with a different charger and a different power socket?
2. Could you please confirm if the headset is working fine?

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

I have tried different chargers and the Case charges up fine and it will HOLD that charge as long as I do not leave the headset in the case.  I have let the case empty for over a week and it holds the charge.  If I place the headset in it for just one day, it drains the case battery completely dead.

The headset works fine as it is, I just cannot use it with the case as it is intended.  My previous older model of this headset never had these issues.  I'm very disappointed in this version of product.

Can you please tell me how to check the firmware version for the case, as other mentioned in the older discussions about this issue?

HP Recommended

You have to download Poly Lens: 

https://www.poly.com/de/de/products/services/cloud/poly-lens/app

After the firmware update the case does not drain immediately with the headset being stored inside. But nevertheless, it looses battery all the time in contrary to the old case which you can store somewhere for some months.

Sorry to say, but I fear that the new charging case model is no very usable. If you don't charge it regulary from time to time you have no chance to check whether the battery is nearly empty because the two blue LED's indicate enough capacity. (If the case is empty a red light appears.) This would not be an issue if one could charge the case without any problems again. BUT: In this state the case often refuse to charge itself when beeing plugged in - it then seems to be dead. You have to restore the bootloader with the help of Poly Lens.

This charging case is really garbage compared to the old cases where such problems did not exist.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.