Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G6

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in buying a new HP ProBook 450 G6 NoteBook.

HP ProBook 450 G6 has both  i7- 8565U &  i7+ 8565U processors models.

Does i7+ 8565U processor means it has a dedicted slot for Intel Optane memory or it uses Primary M.2 SSD Slot.

Regards,

Karthik.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KarthikKumarR 

HP ProBook 450 G6 is a series of many models/products with many different configurations/options/combinations. For CPU, each machine has one option, not BOTH:

• 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor (i7-8565U)
  • 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor (i5-8265U)
  • 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor (i3-8145U)

For storage, each machine can have

• Optane + normal SSD  or
  • M.2 SATA or NVMe SSD

That means Optane uses M.2 slot. No point to have M.2 Optane and M.2 SSD to live together

I think there is a mistake on the manual when saying  i7+ 8565U, it must be  i7-8565U as mentioned above. To answer your question there is only one M.2 slot on machines. You can have following pre-built options

m2 slot.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.