KarthikKumarR
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can HP ProBook 450 G6 Intel have both Optane memory and M.2 SSD Storage

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G6

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in buying a new HP ProBook 450 G6 NoteBook.

HP ProBook 450 G6 has both  i7- 8565U &  i7+ 8565U processors models.

Does i7+ 8565U processor means it has a dedicted slot for Intel Optane memory or it uses Primary M.2 SSD Slot.

Regards,

Karthik.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
93,898 93,774 12,147 25,887
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KarthikKumarR 

HP ProBook 450 G6 is a series of many models/products with many different configurations/options/combinations. For CPU, each machine has one option, not BOTH:

• 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor (i7-8565U)
  • 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor (i5-8265U)
  • 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor (i3-8145U)

For storage, each machine can have

• Optane + normal SSD  or
  • M.2 SATA or NVMe SSD

That means Optane uses M.2 slot. No point to have M.2 Optane and M.2 SSD to live together

I think there is a mistake on the manual when saying  i7+ 8565U, it must be  i7-8565U as mentioned above. To answer your question there is only one M.2 slot on machines. You can have following pre-built options

m2 slot.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation