Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had a problem for a month with my HP EliteBook 8470 as it constantly turns itself off. The screen says "your computer ran into a problem and needed to turn itself off, gather information/data and will turn itself off". I have worked with many microsoft/windows technologists removing and installing windows 10 home and/or pro. For some unknown reason, even the 2nd tier tech support could not get the elitebook to accept pro, despite 6-10 hour sessions trying. I have reason to believe I am being hijacked, and I hoped windows 10 pro could block this better, but the EliteBook 8470 could not complete loading windows 10 pro. Ever since this 2 week effort, My Elitebook 8470p turns itself off and on again, so often, I am unable to draft an extremely importadnt email for a month now. 10 years ago, a software company specializing in internet security (PC Tools I believe) had 1 of the 3 or 4 founders contact me through one of their top support managers, and explained to me that the top directors/founders very much wanted me to be aware that the level of the technologies being used against my PC was many years ahead of what they normally dealt with. I just thought I should make that information available in this request. I then, and still do, work in a number of human rights situations, and have paid a certain price as a result. Thanks so much for considering my MIS problems.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.