Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

And my elitebook is running Windows 7 64-bit Professional.  Never tried the Windows 10 upgrade, FYI

HP Recommended

Installed it on 9470m and pointiing stick still doesn't work.  

HP Recommended

Thank you all for your time. But sonething else is amiss. 

I read somewhere that a windows update fried the firmware on the HP touchpad, so it does not register the top buttons and the touchstyk. Is this possible ?

So far I have tried all possible drivers, and none get the touchstyk and the top buttons to work. This is rather an in convenience, especially since they were all dandy just a few days ago.

Regards.

Sidhu

HP Recommended

Hello!

I would like to report, as I write this now, the miraculously, the top touchpad buttons and the touchstyk have started working. I have no idea why and how, I have made no changes or updates drivers since the last post.

Moreso, I now see that the driver version installed is a 2015 release. Image  attached.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, for me rolling back the driver ended up restoring function back to normal. Usually you should be able to do that from your device manager (Windows key + r enter devmgmt.msc) under "mice and other pointing devices" -> right click "Properties" go to tab "driver" and there might be a "roll back version". In my case there wasn't so I went to softpedia by googling the name of the driver ("Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver" in my case at least) which provided several previous versions of the driver. Follow the instructions there to install the driver (make sure to click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" otherwise Windows won't let you) and it went back to normal for me. Hope this helps someone in the future!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.