Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

We have the same problem with 9 HP Elitebook 850 G8 and 830 G8.

Keyboard and mouse hiccups.

Different keyboards (HP, Logitech, Bakker-Elkhuizen).

Different docks/portreplicators (HP G5, HP 3005PR, fujitsu Accessories USB 3.0 Port Replicator PR08).

When undock, the problems are gone.

1 thing the docks all have in common are Displaylink Drivers. 

HP Recommended

Has anyone found an actual fix for this yet.  Even the firmware update from last month didn't fix.  

HP Recommended

No not yet. But if we find one, I will post it here.

HP Recommended

Just thought I'd give an update 2 weeks on from my last post.

It's perhaps not the solution everyone wants to hear, but the laptop has been almost fault free over the last fortnight.

One issue I've had is a couple of generic blue screens referencing ntoskrnl.exe. This was last week and since applying pending Windows Updates the machine has been stable, touch wood.

The other issue, which is probably an inherent limitation of USB-C docking stations, is that my mouse and keyboard barely function when I'm copying files over USB. It's worth noting I still have the high resolution mode enabled but this happened when the dock was only driving 2x 1920x1080 screens.

HP Recommended

We got this problem with:

about 10 HP Elitebook G8 850 and G830 

Using a:

• HP G5 dock (USB-C)
  • HP 3005PR Portreplicator (USB-A)
  • Fujitsu 3.0 portreplicator. (USB-A)

Doesn't matter which keyboards we are using in the dock / portreplicator.

- HP USBA

- Logitech USB-A

- Bakker-Elkhuizen USB-A

I had a HP elitebook G7 850, no problems.

I have a private HP Elitebook Dragonfly, no problems.

Since 2 weeks using a HP elitebook G8 850 and got this problems.

The G7 and G8 both have the same Image (Windows 10 20H2)Office 2108,  drivers are up to date.

Dragonfly got W11.

So for us is hard to pinpoint the exact problem. 

HP Recommended

We are having the same intermittent issue with a few 850 g8s and G5 docking stations. Throughout the day the users switch rooms and docking stations and randomly when they connect to another dock the USB is not recognized error comes up. The mouse and keyboard and monitor no longer work on that docking station or other docking stations if they move to another room. However another laptop can connect to the same docking station that gave one user an error and work just fine. It seems that the USBC drivers are crashing and nothing will plug into the USB C port will work until you force restart the computer. If you try to reboot the computer it looks like it shuts down and the power light stays on but no display you must hold the power button down until it hard reboots to get it to come back up.

HP Recommended

Having this issue in an enterprise environment.  It would be invaluable to know if this issue is limited to a specific lot, or is global for this unit.

Looking for HP to jump in here.

Information/updates welcome from all.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

We had a lot of issues with Docking station G5 and HP Probook 445 G8 and 455 G8.

USB mouse and keyboards crash.
Internal camera crashes during MS Teams.
External DELL monitors stop to work trough Display port.
Internal microphone crashes.
All these issues are related with G5 Docking station.

The Bios has been updated.
The firmware has been upgraded of G5.

I am confused in official documentation:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/attachments/psg/General/166394/1/guide.pdf

Only 445 G6 and 455 G6 are compatible.
But we are with 445 G8 and 455 G8.

On the official HP site for 445 G8 and 455 G8  drivers for G5 docking station are provided....
We had a lot  of issues in our enterprise infrastructure with the latest version of Windows 10 OS.

Do you have any updates regarding the topic?

HP Recommended

Hello @Taner_Rasim 

Some of the issues you mentioned might not be related to the dock.

The document you list is an outdated one. You can check the HP Quick Specs (QS) website and HP Product Content Browser (PCB)

>> https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c06973549

>> https://pcb.inc.hp.com/webapp/#!/us-en/contents/38228735?type=L&hierarchy=F&status=L&status=O

Your ProBook models should be compatible with USB-C G5 dock.

Currently, private messaging is disabled for your profile. Will ask moderators to activate it and then later am going to send you a private message. Please, check it with the envelope icon next to your profile name (above, right side). Do not post details from private messaging here into the public section of the forums/community. Thank you.

I have sent you a private message. Please, check it with the envelope icon next to your profile name (above, right side).
Do not post details from private messaging here into the public section of the forums/community.

Thank you. Have a nice weekend.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I want to report that we're also having this issue in an enterprise environment. It affects all our devices of the EliteBook 840 G8 series. The problem of the keyboard lag always occurs when connected to a usb-c-dock. It affects the HP G5 Dock as well as other docks like the  i-tec usb-c dock.

As already stated from other users, an official reply from HP to this topic would be very welcome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.