OPKloster
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Hp Elitebook 740 wont let me factory reset

HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook 740
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

So i was asked to help reset a Hp Elitebook 740, the laptop was previously part of a domain, but i took it out.

The Laptop will not for the life of me, let me factory reset it.

i am quite fammiliar with tech, and have been factory reset pces for ages, but this one has me in a pickle.

When using the build in factory reset option in settings it says the recovery manager could not be found.

I made a bootable usb with windows 8.1, but in the hp boot menu, the usb did NOT show up.

So i figured i had to disable secure boot and went into the bios, then the boot options, but the Secure boot menu was "blurred/Greyd" out, i cant disable it.

I cant find my way around the HP Bios, it seems limited, i cant reset the pc from windows settings, and i cant boot to a usb with the same os??

So what now?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Oliver

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation