Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

My system is running Windows 11.  All updates have been installed.  All device drivers have been installed directly from HP.

My system type is 6NT02UT#ABA.  It does not have the IR-Webcam (just the regular webcam), but it does have the square fingerprint reader to the bottom right of the keyboard.  Now, whether that is just the external part of the fingerprint reader (with no actual sensor underneath) is what I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

There is no "Biometric Devices" in Device Manager, whether "Show hidden devices" is selected or not.  There are no "Unknown" or otherwise "Other" or undetected devcies, either.

Not surprisingly, within Sign-in Options, I do not have the options to enable either Windows Hello Face Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.  It says that it could not detect a compatible camera or fingerprint reader.

I get the part about the webcam not being compatible.  But what about the fingerprint reader?  Could it be saying that it couldn't find a compatible fingerprint reader because there simply isn't one there at all? 

I would appreciate a reply if you actually know for certain and/or work for HP.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Anyone know the answer?

HP Recommended

I am tryin to sort out the camera myself, but managed to get to work the fingerprint reader.

I was trying to install driver, but no joy. Then found that there is an option in BIOS to reset fingerprint reader on boot. Once I enabled this option I was able to install driver and now I am using the fingerprint reader to log in to Windows. Still playing around with the camera for Windows Hello.

Will appreciate if somebody knows how to get the camera work with Windows Hello.

Thanks   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.