Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Internal Monitor Displays Garbled Graphics Upon Waking from Sleep

HP Recommended
hp ZBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Waking the unit from sleep results in garbled graphics on the internal display. All drivers have been updated through both HP Support Assistant and SofPaq Download Manager.

10 REPLIES 10
D95ANDEK
Level 3
35 30 1 4
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are not alone!

I have the same problem and so do others:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphic-driver-error/m-p/6567058

Same user, describing a worse case since reboot and hibernate do not work. This is what I have:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/The-computer-can-t-be-turned-off/td-p/6567130

Please HP, do something about this!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Sanderover
Level 1
13 11 0 3
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI!

Here at the university they also have 4000 systems with that problem, Studio G3 and G4.

** SOLUTION **

The problem is de Intel Video driver, there is a solution, see the intel forum link:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/120171

If you don't want to read up on it, here is the driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266

Newer versions will casue it and by the looks of it, Intel is looking for a solution

D95ANDEK
Level 3
35 30 1 4
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seems to be the problem, yes!

But I can't get the driver to install on my system.

Sanderover
Level 1
13 11 0 3
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have the driver unpacked in a folder. Go to your device manager and find the intel video adapter.

right click it and update driver there and select the search for your driver on your computer.

In the BIOS you can also set if you want to use Hybrid graphics, UMA graphics, Auto or....something like that.

If it's set to Discrete graphics, then you cannot install the intel driver anyway, because it is disabled, so you'll have to set it to hybrid/auto again.

D95ANDEK
Level 3
35 30 1 4
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, but I get "The best driver for this unit is already installed." when I do that.

And when I run the installer I get "The drivers that have been installed now have not been validated for this computer. Get a correct driver from the computer manufactorer. The installation has been cancelled."

(My translation from Swedish in both cases.)

Sanderover
Level 1
13 11 0 3
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you on Windows 10?

Have you tried to remove the driver completly, rightclick it, uninstall driver, check the part of remove the driver from the system. Then install the driver that you downloaded.....the problem is probably some kind of security thing in windows 10 (home?)

I just know it has to do with the Intel Graphics driver and maybe you can do a rollback of the driver in windows?

RMForlenza
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will need to download the zip file and follow the instructions to manually perform the install/upgrade. Evidently, they want you to use the computer manufacturer's driver to avoid losing customization implemented by the manufacturer.

D95ANDEK
Level 3
35 30 1 4
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> You will need to download the zip file and follow the instructions...

Thank you for your help, but I get "The best driver for this unit is already installed." when I do that. 

Yes, I'm on Windows 10.

D95ANDEK
Level 3
35 30 1 4
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally managed to get the driver installed.

"Microsoft Windows* Manual Installation Instructions" failed with "The best driver for this unit is already installed."

But "Microsoft Windows* "Have Disk" Installation" succeeded!

I'm refering to different instructions in "Installation_Readme.txt" in the zip-file.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation