SammyT88 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Just In Time Authentication Pop Up not coming up to allow authentication of a flash drive

HP ZBook 17 G4 Mobile Workstation

I have Just in Time Authentication turned on and set for 15 min for usb drives.  It is on for both administrators and users.

Yesterday I pluged in a usb (which I have used before on this workstation) and the just in time authentication pop up is not displaying to allow me to authenticate and have access to the usb drive.

When i click on the usb drive it states "You don't currently have permission to acces this folder" Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder.

I click Continue

Next message is :You have been denied permission to access this folder." To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab.

I click on the security tab and it brings me to the USB properties where there is no security tab.

I have turned off the Just in Time Authentication and I have full access, but I would rather leave it on and authenticate my devices.  Hopefully I can get the Just in Time Authentication Pop Up to come back.

Thanks

SammyT88

1 REPLY
Kavitas Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Just In Time Authentication Pop Up not coming up to allow authentication of a flash drive

We are also facing the same issue on HP ProBook 440 G4 after windows update. We have folloup with HP for same issue more than 15 days. Finally their service partner solve this issue. They have downgrade the HP security version & our problem is resolved. Uninsatll our existing HP security softwate along with HP device access manager. Install lower version of HP security & device access manager.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation