DomC
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop keyboard bleeps and types random characters

HP Recommended
ZBook 15u G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I bought my laptop in October I have been having problems with my keyboard, when I type my keyboard soon begins to make beeping sounds, type random characters and access other functions (e.g. having just partially typed the preceeding sentence it started typing:

'2aw2aw=='[then opens Search box and continues:] 'rbbu,9u7lu,m=,lgrs'), undo previous typed words, open the search box. After a few seconds it stops,  and the keyboard is often in CAPs mode. If I then try to keep typing it does it again and again. If I re-start the laptop, sometimes the problem is still there, at other times it takes a minute or two to re-surface.  The only way I've found to control the issue is to use a wireless mouse and keyboard. If I use the laptop away from my office these problems make it impossible to use for anything apart from browsing and cutting and pasting.

I've psent a number of hours on the phone to the helpdesk and have uninstalled and updated the PS/2 keyboard drivers, the drivers for the Connexant Audio drivers and most other drivers;I have updated the BIOS and I have re-installed Windows. All have failed to solve the problem.

I've also purchased an anti-virus and malware package (Kaspersky total protection) but this also has not solved the issue.

I need to use my machine all the time which is why I haven't returned it for a refund. But I think this is the only choice I have left at this stage.

3 REPLIES 3
rick-s
Retired
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 386
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
HITer
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello DomC,

Have you solved your problem? I had the same problem today and I have no idea what is happening? Did HP team give you a solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DomC
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No @HITer, no action from HP and I've still got the problem. Very frustrating! Sorry not to be able to help further

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation