incomx29
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Missing Keyboard stroke ThunderBolt Dock Error

HP Recommended
HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thunderbolt dock losses keyboard every now and then.

Looks like everytime i change active windows, the first keyboard stroke is missed and I have to retype the key.

This problem is only related to the Thunderbolt dock for the Zbook G3.

This does not happen with a regular USB hub or the HP 3005 port replicator; it only happens with the HP Thunderbolt dock.

I have already updated all BIOS and Firmware for the Zbook G3 and the Thunderbolt dock. I´ve installed all required drivers and this is a persistent issue.

4 REPLIES 4
D95ANDEK
Level 3
35 31 1 4
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this problem as well (with a Microsoft wireless keyboard).

If I do not use the keyboard for a while the first keypress is lost. Irritating!

0 Kudos
Daniel_iQ
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a number of users in the office with a Zbook Workstation Studio G3 and this ThunderBolt Dock. After experiencing a number of various/inconsistent issues over the last year with this combination, most of which have been addressed with different driver/firmware updates, this seems to be our last remaining issue.

Users are reporting that the computer is not recognising/receiving the first and sometimes second keypress on an external keyboard which is connected via the Dock.

I spent a deal of time recently manually downloading and installing all of the latest available drivers and firmware from the HP Website. Including but not limited to the following;

• Bios Update 01.26 Rev A - sp87194
  • ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller - sp80665
  • Intel Thunderbolt 3 Secure Connect - sp85261
  • HP Thunderbolt 3 Dock Firmware - sp84553
  • HP USB-C to USB-A Hub Firmware Update - sp79714
  • Intel Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update for HP ZBook Studio G3 - sp82419

Performing these updates have resolved the majority of the some of the weird issues that I was experiencing if I connected the dock before Windows had booted.

@incomx29 Did you manage to solve this issue yourself?

0 Kudos
incomx
Level 2
Level 2
21 19 1 5
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have not.

Still having the issue. Punching double stroke every now and then when using an external keyboard attached to the dock.

HP has not been able to fix it.

I am a HP employee
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***

“I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.“
Dany H.
0 Kudos
gfChris82
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just curious if HP has found a solution to the missing keystroke issue with the "Elite 90W Thunderbolt 3 Dock" . I have an HP elitebook x360 1030 and I have a microsoft keyboard. The first keystroke is always missing if I don't touch the keyboard for a short amount of time. I've never timed it but I think it's about 30 to 60 seconds. After that, the first keystroke is always missing. I've updated dock drivers and computer bios but neither worked. It seems like the port on the dock goes to sleep if there's no input for a given time frame. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation