Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello from Germany,

it's a pity, that the German forum no more exists. So I'll try it here. Please excuse any language issues, since I'm not a native speaker. For my german language version scroll down.

My problem:

I get occasional bluescreens on startup of my ZBook 15 G2. Prior to that behaviour the laptop went into 'automatic repair mode' occasionally. After I switched of the automatic repair I now get the BSODs randomly. Not each time I start or restart the PC, but every few days. When hitting the Enter key the PC starts with no problem and runs all day long under heavy load (3D-CAD).

What I did:

clean install of Windows 10.

All drivers refreshed.

Tested RAM with testing software and swapped my two 8GB-modules alternating their place on the MB. And running the PC with only one of the RAM modules.

Nothing changed.

Now I have seen on the HP drivers support site, that there's a SSD firmware update. But what confuses me, is that there's none for my Liteon Turbo Drive SSD, but a firware update for the SanDisk A110, which, according to informations I read on other forums should be exactly the same like the Liteon.

To make a long story short. Has someone of you ever performed a SSD firmware update? What are the risks and potential consequences, if I install the SSD SanDisk FW update and it wouldn't fit my Liteon SSD?

Or what could I do next do diagnose the problem?

Best Regards and thank you in advance

Martin

Now the same for german users.

Noch einmal dasselbe für deutsschprachige User:

Beim Start meines ZBook 15 G2 erhalte ich gelegentlich Bluescreens. Vor diesem Verhalten ging der Laptop gelegentlich in den automatischen Reparaturmodus. Nachdem ich die automatische Reparatur ausgeschaltet habe, bekomme ich jetzt die BSODs zufällig. Nicht jedes Mal, wenn ich den PC starte oder neu starte, sondern lediglich alle paar Tage. Wenn ich die Enter-Taste drücken, startet der PC dann noch einmal problemlos und läuft den ganzen Tag unter hoher Last (3D-CAD).

Was ich bisher unternommen habe:

Clean Install von Windows 10.
Alle Treiber aktualisiert.
RAM getestet. Einmal mit Testsoftware und tauschte meine beiden 8 GB-Module abwechselnd auf dem MB aus. Und den Rechner wechselweise mit nur einem RAM betrieben.

Keine Besserung.

Jetzt habe ich auf der Support-Website unter den Treibern gesehen, dass es ein SSD-Firmware-Update gibt. Was mich jedoch verwirrt, ist, dass es für meine Liteon Turbo Drive SSD keines gibt, sondern ein Firware-Update für die SanDisk A110 existiert, das nach Informationen, die ich in anderen Foren gelesen habe, baugleich mit der Liteon SSD sein soll.

Um es kurz zu machen. Hat jemand von Euch jemals ein SSD-Firmware-Update durchgeführt? Was sind die Risiken und möglichen Konsequenzen, wenn ich das SSD SanDisk FW-Update installiere und es doch nicht zur Liteon SSD passt?

Oder was könnte ich jetzt noch unternehmen um das Problem einzukreisen/zu diagnostizieren?

Viele Grüße und Danke im Voraus
Martin

Verlauf

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.