Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It was purchased for a company with the Wifi/BT disabled and no camera.  There is not a slot for a Wifi card and I was told that one could not be added to it.  I have updated to the latest BIOS revision.  In the BIOS where you can usually turn this feature on/off it and the camera are not listed, even after the update.  I have tried to manually install a driver, but it states that it cannot find the hardware for it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @ityodawannabe 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

When you go to the BIOS/UEFI, you need to go to Advanced tab -> Built-in device options

There you will see a list of available devices (checked/unchecked).  Those that are checked will be active in Windows, as well.

Double/triple check the list and you will see if the BIOS/UEFI can detect Wireless Network Device / WiFi / WLAN

and Integrated camera

• If it can detect them = they are present in the list, this will mean they are available and working
    You will need to check them and save the changes. Reboot
  • If it cannot detect them (=they are not present in the list) , this means the camera/wifi adapter is not detecable/not usable. Reasons are they are not really present in the system, they are present but severely corrupted, or they are present but not connected to motherboard

SAM_4563.JPGSAM_4564.JPG

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Note that I sent you a private message, as well.

In addition to checking the above suggestion, if it still not present in the Advanced tab, check the private message and reply back to me there in the message.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi @ityodawannabe 

From the PMs we exchanged, I can see this needs to be handled by HP Support directly .

• I will recommend that you reach back to HP Support, provide your details and ask your case to be escalated. Please, include as many details as possible in regards to what happened, what is the issue, who you are, etc.
  • Based on the S/N you provided, I can see that the device is in active warranty, so you should be able to receive support

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation !

Best regards,

IT_WinSec

HP Recommended

@ityodawannabe

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.