Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi  guys,

I hope someone has a solution to this problem because I can't figure it out

I have an HP probook 450 G3 W4P17ET here. The cooling fan runs constantly at full speed. This happens immediately upon start-up. Even in the bios it runs full speed. So there is no further activity. The fan continues to run at the same high speed and only stops when the laptop is switched off. Furthermore, the laptop works perfectly.I have already taken the following actions without result: Laptop reset, cooling fan replaced (works fine in another 450 G3) bios update and roll-back performed, checked for air output blockages, replaced CPU thermal paste. So I am stuck.

I think it is a thermal sensor on the motherboard that controls the cooling fan. But I don't know where it is. Is that possible?

I hope someone has a solution for me.

Thanks for contributing ideas

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The next step (IMHO) is to do a Windows reset (save all your files), and then run HP Image Assistant to update all drivers. This could be Windows as well. Also, do a BIOS reset to defaults

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions. Unfortunately it did not help. As soon as the laptop is switched on, the fan runs at full speed until it is switched off

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.