Gian79
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Tethering causes Windows 10 crash

HP Recommended
Elitebook 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I connect to certain WiFi tethering, it always causes a crash of Windows with blue screen... It happens in a few seconds after the connection. I use a Samsung device with Android Lollipop; with others device (ex: Huawei), it doesn't occur. Any suggest?
1 REPLY 1
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would start by upgrading to the latest available Wi-Fi drivers for your computer. I would also check that the phone is running the latest available firmware (though if you are still on Lollipop, I guess this is a device that has stopped receiving firmware updates - many recent Samsung devices are now on Oreo and Google have just announced Pie).

If there are no newer Wi-Fi drivers for your computer or newer Wi-Fi drivers do not solve the problem, it may be a case of analysing any available Event Log entries and minidumps from the blue screen crashes to see what they reveal of the cause for the crash.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation