Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I found another solution to remap keys. That is Key Manager from AtnSoft. That is extended version of Key Remapper I used first. Comparing to the Key Remaper the Key Manager much allows to remap keys in much more simpe way. Just hit unusefull key in the Source editor and select target in the result one. With Key Manager I managed to remap Share screen, Place a Call and Hang keys to the Print Screen, Pause and Insert keys. I'm very happy now.

PS. That software is about double as expansive than Key Manager 😞

HP Recommended

Hi all,

based this topic and replies I found solution for remaping Share Screen and Hangup keys (not for Pickup key, but it has to be similar).

I use AutoHotKey free apps for remap and use script for this keys.

; Hangup Key
<!<^F14::Send {Insert}

; Share Screen key
<!<^F22::Send <key_what_you_want>

For Pickup key should be this script

<!<#F15::Send <key_what_you_want>

but i don't know why it doesn't work. Maybe old version AHK or something.

I catch what keys are send to OS but in remap script it doesn't work.

Maybe this is not bulletproof but for me is enough 🙂 Insert key  is working 🙂

HP Recommended

Dear Smejko, I'm afraid that your scrit for pickup key is wrong becouse when you press the pickup key then the keboard controller generates LWIN-LALT (WIN-ALT) press. There is no F15 key emulation when you're press a pickup, while are trying to remap Ctrl-F15 in your script.

But anyway a pickup key a much better candidate to remap to Insert key. Being remapped it will work in CTRL-Ins combination, while Hang and Share screen keys will not, because they contain a Ctrl key in their combinations (Crtl-F14, Ctrl-F22)

HP Recommended

Hi Maxim,

this solution is partially working because some apps (ie VirtualBox) has lower lever of catching than AHK in this case can be ocured a cross interaction with original HP key combo and AHK replacement (but still better then nothing).

The Pickup key really send LWin+LAlt+F15. I catched this combination by #InstallKeybdHook command from AHK and VirtualBox catch Win+Alt+F15 also. But for some weird reason AHK don't want catch Pickup key for remaping.

For Ctrl+Insert I use Share screen key. This combination is realy rare for me (for now).

PS: I update AHK and now it catch key little diferent but basically solution can be based on this.

HP Recommended

Thanks !  Function E works great for the INS key on my laptop.

HP Recommended

see the message below....FN + E works great for the INS key !

HP Recommended

Dear HP, a bios update to reaasign the keys would be very very helpful. Right now those keys are completely useless. Fn+E combination is working but ia far from being easly usable often.

Or, if the bios update is not possible technically, a keyboard replacement with regular keys would be an option. For extra money. Any money. Please. I need those keys.

HP Recommended

@e1elitebook840 wrote:

Dear HP, a bios update to reaasign the keys would be very very helpful. Right now those keys are completely useless. Fn+E combination is working but ia far from being easly usable often.

Or, if the bios update is not possible technically, a keyboard replacement with regular keys would be an option. For extra money. Any money. Please. I need those keys.

I'd love to have this option too. Please, HP...

HP Recommended

Yes, there is already a BIOS update from Oct 11, 2018, now  two month past, so it would be mandatory to release the new BIOS update according to the internal timeline 🙂 and this time it might contain the function?

If HP would write an opinion and an answer about the question if key remapping is not existing (yet) inside BIOS, it might help us, at least we do not feel ignored.

Just the fact that HP usually stays quite to communities if HP does not earn on the time spent with the users, its kind of a ridiculous situation, noone of us commenting here gets paid directly by HP.

We often priovide valuable feedback and ideas for multinational giants. Noone values our feedback in eschange, this needs to be changed in all major companies, HP could start, by rewarding the feedbacks that gets upvoted with some cryptocurrency or a free 8GB ECC 10600 UDIMM for my microserver L36, that would be too kind for x-mas 🙂

In the close future, people will get aware that their feedback is valuable and they will not give you any free feedback anymore if you treat them like air (ignore them). This makes me think.

Have a good ongoing day.

HP Recommended

I tried his scripts in AutoHotKey and they work perfectly. He's right - the Call Pickup key won't be remapped for some reason. . .but the other 2 work well

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.