Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to eliminate the dock by using the USB ports on the bottom of the Z38C display. Elitebook x360 1030 G2 is connected to the Z38C via a USB-C cable. Notebook charges. Video works. Mouse and headset do not work when plugged in to the USB ports on the Z38C. What's up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You may want to try to enable Performance mode (ig not enabled on 1st power on) that allows usb hub/ports to work on certain power states... You can use the monitor's OSD controls to change the power savings mode from Power Saver to Performance and see if that enables the usb port

Power Saver mode is the default to meet certain International Power Standards

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You may want to try to enable Performance mode (ig not enabled on 1st power on) that allows usb hub/ports to work on certain power states... You can use the monitor's OSD controls to change the power savings mode from Power Saver to Performance and see if that enables the usb port

Power Saver mode is the default to meet certain International Power Standards

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Problem solved with your sugestion!. Thanks very much.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but the performance mode didn't solve the problem. The device manager shows "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.