Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I changed my old 745 G2 with an 840 G3 but the 2 monitors (LP2065) and docking station D9Y32AA are still kept and i will use them for a while.

The problem is that when i mount the notebook in the docking station, the VGA port from the notebook is deactivated and only the VGA port from the docking will work, hence i am not able to use both external monitors in the same time.

The old 745 worked perfectly (no deactivation on his VGA port once mounted to docking station).

What i did so far:

checked for the latest version of the firmware for docking station but nothing found.

updated the latest BIOS for the notebook.

updated the latest drivers for video card.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is most  likely a design feature as when docked all ports are repulicated from the dock.  I would check and see if the dock has a VGA and a DVI or HDMI and use one of those for the second monitor if possible.

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

I know Im replying to an older post but.

I have this same issue.  The older laptops our users had (HP 9470s) this worked fine.  The docks only have a display port and VGA port on them, these users had 3 screens set up.  With the purchase of the 840G3 for them, yeah not working now.

I have tried everything I can think to try and it looks like it just cant be done on this laptop.

Its the same with the onboard display port.  It seems that as soon as the laptop is docked the VGA and displayport are disabled.

Tried 2 different versions of the HP slimdock, updated everything for the laptop, Updated BIOS and FIRMWARE for the dock.

Im out of ideas on this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.