Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15u G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I set the Power settings in Windows 10 on my HP notebook to Sleep after a certain period of time, and come back to my notebook after the time has elapsed, the notebook has shut down completely. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening ? On my desktop system, which is not an HP product, when Sleep occurs under Windows 10 the computer is still running and all I have to do wake it up is to press a key or left-click my mouse.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Windows power profiles on a mobile devices can be quite different than for a desktop... I suggest you make sure you ave single power profile on your system, and install the HP System Default Settings softpaq SP76517, that can tweak things to standard HP power management defaults (among other things)

Due to use of a battery, putting the system to sleep, on a laptop, will only last so long, before Windows puts that system to hibernate (if not disabled) or to shutdown --- needs to protect the battery

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

The laptop is plugged in to an external  power source, and not on battery power, so I do not see why putting the computer to sleep would ever cause Windows 10 to shut down the computer after some period of sleep. If the computer were put to sleep and the laptop was on battery power, and the battery ran down, then I could understand the computer being shut down.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.