Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Fury 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (31Z44AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I try to restore the BIOS setup to factory defaults via the BIOS Setup utility. Once I choose the yes button, everything freezes. The same problem happens when I try to restore my custom defaults. If I forcefully shut down and restart, I see that the BIOS settings did not change.

The latest BIOS version (T95 Ver. 01.16.00) is installed and all drivers are up to date.

I have both an HP Thunderbolt G2 docking station and an HP Thunderbolt G4 docking station.

The laptop consistently gets stuck at the very initial BIOS step after restarting Windows while HP Thunderbolt G2 is connected. After forcefully shutting down, the second time around boot succeeds.

The laptop does not get stuck after restarting Windows while HP Thunderbolt G4 is connected or while no docking station is connected.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

No replies? that's a shame.

The Problem with the HP Thunderbolt G2 docking station is solved.

I plugged out the devices from the docking station one by one until I found the ones that caused the issue. I think the disconnected peripherals are innocent per se, but for now, I keep them disconnected: two WD-elements external backup hard drives.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.